Creative Spark: Higher Education Enterprise Programme
Goal of the project: a five year initiative to support international university and institutional partnerships to develop enterprise skills and creative economy across seven countries in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan), South Caucasus (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia) and Ukraine through UK support.
Poltava University of Economics and Trade
Adult Education Centre of Poltava Region
University of Portsmouth
This project is designed to meet the following objectives:
- increasing of awareness among Ukrainians about entrepreneurship, specifically in creative industries
- formation of entrepreneurship thinking among creative persons;
- establishing the culture of creative entrepreneurship;
- raising the level of English knowledge of Ukrainians by attracting listeners to the Online English
- Learning Tools
- improvement of entrepreneurial skills among professionals in creative industries
- increasing the level of Ukrainian specialists' skills by studying the experience of British colleagues
- formation of the local business community in the creative industries
- increasing of business activity in the creative industries
- popularizing the participation in international contests among entrepreneurs in the creative industries.
Expected results of the project:
- The project will increase the level of awareness about the instruments to develop start-ups amongst graduates, specifically in areas of creative industries.A comprehensive “Creative Entrepreneurship” toolkit will designed to assist development of entrepreneurial skills, which can be used as a part of the curriculum across all study levels or as a standalone tool that graduates can explore in their own time. This will be further strengthened by selfemployed placement opportunities.
- We expect that the number of registered and functioning enterprises in creative industries and the level of self-employment will increase and strengthen the role of creative industries in the Ukrainian economy.
- Another positive effect of the project implementation is the possibility of using existing property which belong to creative industries which will facilitate socioeconomic development of local communities. Also, it may contribute to increasing the level of perception and consumption of creative industry products by local citizens.
- This project will facilitate improving the level of English knowledge among Ukrainians by using Online English Learning Tools. It will contribute to the increasing popularity of taking part in the international competitions among entrepreneur and raise the level of qualification of Ukrainian professionals by the knowledge exchange with British colleagues
Official Facebook page of the project: https://www.facebook.com/creative.spark.poltava
British Council in Ukraine official website: http://www.britishcouncil.org.ua/programmes/education/creative-spark